The MINDS (Mental Illness and Neurological Disorders) Foundation India. A registered non-for-profit Organization serving in the field of mental health well-being since 2010.
Started its operation in Gujarat from mid-2011, it was founded by Dr. Raghu Kiran Appasani (firstname.lastname@example.org), a US based psychiatrist and a passionate social worker who wants to contribute for the mental health well-being of poor, deprived and stigmatized individuals from the rural population across India.
The objective of the foundation is to provide low cost – high quality mental health services to rural communities. Develop sustainable tools and methods to create community mental health services through Govt. support and through MINDS model of sustainable mental health service by providing training to different stakeholders like community link workers and local health workers.
Currently the MINDS Foundation engaged in to following verticals in the mental health field:
- School Mental Health Education program for adolescents and teachers
- Community Mental Health Awareness program: Rural and semi-urban areas
- Mental Health Assessments and Patient identification for treatment adoption and referrals.
- Patient counselling, family counselling, follow-up and service delivery for treatment and aftercare.
- Community Mental Health Worker’s training program for front line care givers, ASHA, Anganwadi Workers and Female health workers, paramedic staff, school physical education teachers.
- Developing research and teaching tools for different educational institutes, strategic mental health plan for Promoting mental health bill and advocating Mental Health Care Act (bill).
- Evidence based academic research in the mental health field to develop need based program strategies.